Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sandhill > Portola > Arastradaro Loop

Today I took a similar loop as last Thursday's, but in reverse, and up Sandhill instead of Alpine. Taking Sandhill ended up being a mistake since there was road construction for the first couple of miles. I had to stop after the construction to pick tar off my tires. Yuck!

The route (as usual, excluding some details of to and from my apt).

I got lost for a bit by making a right on Portola instead of realizing that Sandhill turns into it. Once I hit La Honda, I realized what happened. I considered climbing La Honda, but thought better of it given it was in the middle of a work day, so I turned around.

I really like the Woodside / Portola Valley area, there are so many variations. I think the best part today was the stretch on Arastradero between Alpine and 280 through the preserve.

The stats:

Distance: 26 miles
Ride time: 1:41
Speed: 15.4 mph avg, 36 mph max
Heart Rate: 150 bpm avg, 175 max
Calories burned: 1442

No comments: