Friday, July 13, 2007

Midweek Arastradero loop

Yesterday I rode up Arastradero, and took Alpine road back down to foothill.

the route (again, excluding some boring details of getting to/fro my apt).

I've taken this route before in the reverse direction, and it seemed harder this time. I think that's because the climb up Arastradero is steeper than Alpine, and closer to the beginning of the ride. When going the reverse route, it is a longer, gentler climb up Alpine, followed by a steeper downhill on Arastradero. I also think I prefer to have a warm up on a flatter road like foothill to get started.

The Stats:

Distance: 19 miles
Ride time: 1:15
Speed: 15.2 mph avg, 30.3 mph max
Heart Rate: 146 bpm avg, 175 max
Calories burned: 1065

Interesting that my heart rate average and max is exactly the same from last Saturday's ride... if that happens again, I'm going to start wondering about my heart rate monitor :)

No comments: