Sunday, September 23, 2007

Old La Honda and Cañada, Pics from Last Week

Last week I brought my camera with me on a 35 mile ride that included a climb up Old La Honda and a stroll through Arastradero Preserve:



The map view is pretty neat too. These photos might help explain why anyone would want to spend 2-3 hours sitting on a bicycle seat :)

Today I went on pretty much the same route with an extension down to the end of Cañada and back.

The route.

It was between 60 and 70 degrees and overcast with a few sprinkles of rain until the sun burned through while I was on Cañada. I beat my previous best time up Old La Honda by about a minute, making it up in 24:36. As it has gotten cooler, it's been easier. I burn less calories per mile, and drink a lot less water. When I get home, I'm tired, but not completely wiped.

Distance: 49.3 miles
Ride time: 3:15
Speed: 15 mph avg, 31.5 mph max
Heart Rate: 142 bpm avg, 182 max
Calories burned: 2423

No comments: